AS LIPSTICK.It doesn’t just brighten up my face, it fires up my confidence, making me feel like I can take on the world! My mission is to help you feel the same way! Ever since I fell in love with the transformational power of a simple slick of lipstick, I’ve been obsessed with finding the perfect textures and shades to express every facet of a woman’s personality. There’s a lipstick for every mood, every occasion and every outfit and I am devoted to helping you find them.”
– Poppy King
So much so I love lipsticks, I never knew the tips and tricks for that flawless lipstick application and I am glad to my rescue came Celebrity makeup artist Sarah Jane, who has done makeup for various Hollywood movies and editorials. The icing on the cake was to be able to play with the interesting range of lipsticks from Lipstick Queen, whilst learning how to master the art of applying it.
So here are some tips that I learnt to achieve that perfect pout.
1. Scrub your lips before applying a matte or liquid lipstick. (Rodial does a great lip scrub in a pen form, easy to apply and carry it around)
2. Sometimes lips have a grey or brown undertone. Apply foundation on the lips to even out the undertones.
3. Use a lip-liner to line your lips and fill your lips in with it. It helps to stay the lipstick put for a long time and helps avoiding bleeding of lipstick too.
(Lipstick queen does a very cool invisible liner – absolutely worth checking out)
4. Apply lipstick and then buff it with powder after covering your lips with a tissue. It helps in getting the excess lipstick off and provides a beautiful finished look.
6. To fill in the corners properly, use an angled brush.
5. If you want to make your lips look fuller, apply highlighter on the cupids bow and around the mouth.
Talking about what I love about Lipstick queen lipsticks now: they do some very cool treatment lipsticks that keep your lips moisturised whilst adding some colour. By the way, this range looks super cool – Hello Sailor (Blue), Frog Prince (Green) and Bete Noire (Blackberry)
If you apply them before applying a matt lipstick, it helps your lips against dryness. By the way, the matt range of LQ looks super-glam and the best thing about it is that the lipsticks contain Vitamin E and Apricot Oil to ensure that lips remain moisturized and supple. The final addition of Peppermint Oil adds a clean and subtle scent.
Also I find their glosses from the ‘seven deadly sins’ pretty interesting as they claim a Rich, dramatic coverage with a weightless, non-sticky textureUltra-glossy formula hydrates and protects with Cranberry Oil, Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Rosemary Extract for a truly tempting pout:Tantalizing, trendsetting shades that are wickedly wearable.
Wow … I am so excited to try out all the above and share my views with you in this space. For now, I hope you enjoyed the tips in here. What are your favourite lipsticks? Do you have any lovely tip for lipstick application? Do share it in the comments.
So, until I see you next, take care, stay beautiful and flaunt a sexy pout with the brightest lipstick. Life is too short to have boring lips.