AS LIPSTICK.It doesn’t just brighten up my face, it fires up my confidence, making me feel like I can take on the world! My mission is to help you feel the same way! Ever since I fell in love with the transformational power of a simple slick of lipstick, I’ve been obsessed with finding the perfect textures and shades to express every facet of a woman’s personality. There’s a lipstick for every mood, every occasion and every outfit and I am devoted to helping you find them.”
– Poppy King
So much so I love lipsticks, I never knew the tips and tricks for that flawless lipstick application and I am glad to my rescue came Celebrity makeup artist Sarah Jane, who has done makeup for various Hollywood movies and editorials. The icing on the cake was to be able to play with the interesting range of lipsticks from Lipstick Queen, whilst learning how to master the art of applying it.
So here are some tips that I learnt to achieve that perfect pout.
1. Scrub your lips before applying a matte or liquid lipstick. (Rodial does a great lip scrub in a pen form, easy to apply and carry it around)
2. Sometimes lips have a grey or brown undertone. Apply foundation on the lips to even out the undertones.
3. Use a lip-liner to line your lips and fill your lips in with it. It helps to stay the lipstick put for a long time and helps avoiding bleeding of lipstick too.
(Lipstick queen does a very cool invisible liner – absolutely worth checking out)
4. Apply lipstick and then buff it with powder after covering your lips with a tissue. It helps in getting the excess lipstick off and provides a beautiful finished look.
6. To fill in the corners properly, use an angled brush.
5. If you want to make your lips look fuller, apply highlighter on the cupids bow and around the mouth.
Talking about what I love about Lipstick queen lipsticks now: they do some very cool treatment lipsticks that keep your lips moisturised whilst adding some colour. By the way, this range looks super cool – Hello Sailor (Blue), Frog Prince (Green) and Bete Noire (Blackberry)
If you apply them before applying a matt lipstick, it helps your lips against dryness. By the way, the matt range of LQ looks super-glam and the best thing about it is that the lipsticks contain Vitamin E and Apricot Oil to ensure that lips remain moisturized and supple. The final addition of Peppermint Oil adds a clean and subtle scent.
Also I find their glosses from the ‘seven deadly sins’ pretty interesting as they claim a Rich, dramatic coverage with a weightless, non-sticky textureUltra-glossy formula hydrates and protects with Cranberry Oil, Vitamin E, Shea Butter and Rosemary Extract for a truly tempting pout:Tantalizing, trendsetting shades that are wickedly wearable.
Wow … I am so excited to try out all the above and share my views with you in this space. For now, I hope you enjoyed the tips in here. What are your favourite lipsticks? Do you have any lovely tip for lipstick application? Do share it in the comments.
So, until I see you next, take care, stay beautiful and flaunt a sexy pout with the brightest lipstick. Life is too short to have boring lips.
Sipping on a watermelon and mint cooler on this very hot summer afternoon in the Sheikhland, I say hello to all you lovely people from the blogosphere. Hope all is well. Summer is in full bloom in my corner of the world and it is torturous to go out for a walk for even 5 minutes. Talk about the dreadful Dubai heat but in this blog post, I am going to talk about some very cool nail paint shades from the Sally Hansen Nudes collection, which is a limited edition.
Call it a coincidence but it is nudes and pastels that I am loving for my nails this summer and so when I got sent these nail paints by Sally Hansen, I was absolutely excited to try out this range.
I simply love how elegant and chic a nude nail paint looks and the best part is that it matches with anything and everything that you wear.
That’s why Sally Hansen has dedicated a whole collection to these beauty favorites: The limited Nudes Collection consists of six soft nude shades that flatter any complexion and skin tone.
Rather the Snow White type? Then you should choose nude tones with delicate shades of pink.
“Sweet Talker” and “Pink Pong” emphasize the pink undertone of your skin without letting it appear pale.
“Almost Almond” and “Brown Nose” are the ideal companions for medium skin colors and provide the nails with a shiny “kissed by the sun” look.
“Camelflage” and “Branch Out” perfectly match darker skin tones. A light, creamy color and a dark chocolate create a warm and feminine effect – and result in a delightful decorative contrast.
The limited Sally Hansen Nudes Collection from the Complete Salon Manicure Series with itstrademark 7-in- 1-formula will be available in June 2016.
On Counter: June
Price: 39 AED
Point of Sales: Wojooh, Lifestyle, Carrefour
So hurry up ladies and grab your hands on this gorgeous limited edition before it goes off the counters and do stay tuned to check out my ‘nailfies’ wearing these on my Instagram here and on my Snapchat at @ChandniLahoti.
Until I see you next,
GUESS previewed its stunning Spring Summer 2016 collection at a themed fashion show at Al Qasr Hotel, Dubai.
- The contest is applicable only to the people living in UAE.
- ANSWER the contest question as a comment to the Contest Post on my Facebook Page and SHARE THE CONTEST POST ON FACEBOOK. Question – What is the key ingredient in the Himalaya Herbals Neem Face Wash?
- LIKE my Facebook page here – https://www.facebook.com/ChandniAtTheSheikhLand andLIKE the Facebook page of Himalaya Herbals Arabia here – https://www.facebook.com/HimalayaHerbalsArabia
The contest begins today and the last day of entry is 12th April 2016.
Good luck everyone!